Last updated: June 3rd, 2020
AltoWeb is the controller of the personal data collected or processed in connection with AltoWeb products and services. The following policies are applicable to the personal data and information collected by the use of the Services.
- Information that is collected.
- Representation and warranties.
- Type of information collected.
- Use of personal information.
- Retention of the information.
- Online advertising.
- Third party links and services.
- Access and data subject rights.
- Legal basis.
- Notifications, questions or comments.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
AltoWeb collects professional information when Users request to onboard AltoWeb service. The User may register using their professional email and will be required to fill out a contact form containing information on the company’s legal name, company address, telephone number(s) and website. The User represents the veracity, accuracy, validity and authenticity of his or her professional data. AltoWeb reserves the right to validate or confirm the veracity of professional data through any public or private entities.
2. REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTIES
AltoWeb does not knowingly collect personal information from Users under 18 years of age. If there are reasons to believe that personal information has been collected from or about a minor of 18 years of age, kindly report by email to email@example.com
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information collected is used as follows:
- Account Registration;
- Use of the account;
- Management of the Services provided by AltoWeb to the Users;
- Optimization or improvement of the products, services or operations available on the Platform;
- Send information or notices to the email provided by the User. The messages may contain (without limitation) advertising and promotions about AltoWeb services, passwords for the use of such services and reminders of payment deadlines;
- Customer service and support requests or other assistance;
- Communications related to the Service, such as account verification or technical notifications. When entering the Platform the User may wish to subscribe to the communications sent by AltoWeb. AltoWeb wishes to keep Users updated at all times about promotions, news, changes, etc. Users can at any time select the e-mails and promotional information they accept to receive from AltoWeb.
- Users may cancel the subscription at any time by sending a written request to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
AltoWeb constantly seeks to adopt appropriate measures to ensure data security, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. AltoWeb encourages Users to take all necessary measures to protect their personal information and prevent unauthorized access to their password or account by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping their login information private. AltoWeb is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on the User account via unauthorized password activity.
- INFORMATION RETENTION
AltoWeb retains the information as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which it is collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for AltoWeb to provide the User with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is required by law or to establish, protect, or defend legal claims.
- ONLINE ADVERTISING
AltoWeb may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and applications, using the following data, independently or in combination:
– Data from advertising technologies on and off our Services, such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and device identifiers;
– Data provided by Users (for example, profile, contact information, title and industry).
– Information from advertising partners and publishers.
AltoWeb may display ads called «Sponsored Content,» which resemble ads for non-sponsored content, labeled «ads» or «sponsored.» If the User performs any action (such as recommending, commenting or sharing) on these ads, the action will be associated with the User’s name and will be viewable by others, including the Advertiser.
Information for Advertisers: Personal data will not be shared with any third party advertisers or ad networks for their advertising, except: (i) hashed or device identifiers (to the extent they are personal data in some countries); (ii) with explicit permission (for example, through the contact generation form); or (iii) data already visible to any User of the Services (for example, profile). If a User views or clicks on an ad on or off our site or apps, the ad provider will get a notification that a User visited the page that displayed the ad.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
Google uses partner-advertising companies to serve ads when the User visits the Platform. It is possible that these companies use the information they obtain when a User visits this and other websites (without including name, address, email address or phone number) to offer advertisements about products and services.
If the User deletes the cookies or sets the browser or device to decline these technologies, some functions of the Platform, Services or features may not function at all, or may not function as designed.
- ACCESS AND DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
AltoWeb complies with laws protecting personal information, granting Users the following rights:
- To obtain access to and/or a copy of certain information AltoWeb holds about the User.
- To obtain, in certain circumstances, a copy of certain information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, and to ask AltoWeb to transfer this to a third party of User’s choice.
- To request to update the User’s information that it is held out of date or incorrect.
- To request to delete certain information that it is held about the User.
- To request AltoWeb to restrict the way that AltoWeb processes and discloses certain User information.
- To revoke the User’s consent for the processing of the information, to the extent that the processing of the information is not based on another legal basis.
- To object to certain processing of the information including:
- The right to object to direct marketing: User may object to the processing of personal information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling).
- The right to object to processing (including profiling) based on legitimate interest grounds: in addition where AltoWeb is relying upon the legitimate interests to process information, User may object to that processing. If the User objects, AltoWeb must stop that processing unless AltoWeb demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override User interests, rights and freedoms, or AltoWeb needs to process the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. AltoWeb will consider each case on an individual basis.
Users may exercise these rights or make a request regarding the information held by AltoWeb, request further information about the legal rights under applicable law, or submit a complaint about the privacy practices by contacting AltoWeb at any time.
AltoWeb will consider all requests and provide the response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include cases such as if AltoWeb needs to keep processing the information to provide services or to comply with a legal obligation. Moreover, the User will not be permitted to examine the information of any other person or entity. AltoWeb may also request Users to provide information necessary to confirm their identity before responding to the request.
How to unsubscribe: Users that do not want AltoWeb to collect personal information should not provide it. In this case, the User’s ability to access some content and use some of the functions of the websites, applications, services and features will be restricted.
- LEGAL BASIS
AltoWeb may disclose the personal information provided by the User at the request of the competent judicial or governmental authorities for purposes of investigations conducted by them, even if there is no executive or judicial order.
AltoWeb reserves the right to communicate information about its Users to other Users, entities or third parties when there are sufficient reasons to consider that the activity of a User is suspicious of attempting or committing a crime or attempting to harm other persons. This right shall be used by AltoWeb at its sole discretion when it considers it appropriate or necessary to maintain the integrity and security of AltoWeb and of the Users, to enforce these Privacy Policies and to cooperate with the enforcement of the law. This right shall be exercised by AltoWeb independently of a judicial or administrative order.
- NOTIFICATIONS, QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
In case of any concern or comment regarding these privacy policies, please contact AltoWeb at email@example.com